Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Target

I went to Target yesterday with my sister in law, Debbie. I went not needing anything. The kids and I were merely going to get out of the house and visit with Debbie.

Yeah, right. Why is it you can never leave Target or COSTCO without finding at least 5 things that you need?

First it was the cereal aisle. There was a sale on family size boxes of Honey Bunches of Oats - $2 a box. Killer deal. Then I grabbed a gallon of milk, you always need more milk. Then there were these bags of new yummy rice thingies that Katya loves to have in her lunch and they were on sale. Then I did need a couple of short sleeved t-shirts for Alexis and found some overalls on the clearance rack while I was there. And in the same area was a cheap pack and play that I need for going to people's houses so I don't have to keep dismanteling the one that I have in the living room. Alexis will NOT take a nap unless she is in her crib or a pack and play and it can be frustrating when I am at someone's house visiting.

As we were crossing the back of the store looking for light bulbs for Debbie I saw a sand and water table that I had been talking to Bob about getting for the front porch AND it was $30 cheaper than the one I saw in my One Step Ahead catalog and appeared to be the exact same thing.

Oh yeah, I also got a new bucket and rubber gloves for cleaning the floor. My dog, Thor, chewed up my other bucket.

When we left I filled up the back of my truck with things that I had no intention of buying when I walked into the store. Yikes! That place is dangerous. No wonder I don't go very often and Katya wants to go all the time. They have too much good stuff.

3 comments:

Aimee said...

When Ben and I were first married we called Target the $65 store. No matter what we went for we spent at least $65. Now that there are 5 of us it has gone up...and I am always shocked when I get my total. I think, I only came in for 1 thing.

Anonymous said...

Well, at least Target isn't stinky like Wal-Mart! (I'm still cracking up about Mandee's Wal-Mart blog entry.) I love Target too!

Mandee said...

Target is my $100 store- I always leave spending at least that amount, and what did I end up with? Nothing. I used to grocery shop there, but had to quit since it was so expensive and I was buying things that I didn't need. A new rug, some bowls, cute thank you notes with my initial on them...