Saturday, March 27, 2010

Unmistaken Child

Anyone that really knows me knows that I am very open-minded in my beliefs. I have a fascination with world religions and remain open to learning what other people think and believe. After all, I sure don't have all the answers nor would I ever pretend to. I have a core center of what I believe, but there is a lot of room for expansion.

Therefore, I believe strongly that every religion and every person's religious beliefs are sacred and should always be respected. I may not agree with what you particularly believe, but I will always respect it.

When I was lying on my back in the zero gravity chair I watched a lot of Netflix on demand. One of the movies I had in my queue was "Unmistaken Child". It is about the search for the reincarnation of a Llama that passed away in Nepal. I remember reading about the child that this movie was about and I was fascinated by the whole thing.

I watched this movie with a bit of a skeptical point of view. I was certain that I would be able to see, without a doubt, some form of a pre-concieved notion of which child it was. The entire movie centered around the old Llama's assistant, who in my personal opinion, has achieved enlightenment. Talk about a pure soul seeking nothing but love, peace and goodness. I really admire this person. He is a simple soul who misses his mentor terribly.

Since I don't want to give it away, all I can say is - I am not sure that this child is NOT the reincarnation of the Llama. There were two moments in the movie that really shook what I thought to be the truth. Katya and I are both left dumbfounded and completely intrigued by the whole thing.

I am not sure that a group of people that are that closely bound together by faith and by their love and respect of the earth and each other could not, somehow, have reincarnation. It goes against Christian thinking and every Western religion that I can think of (Hindu being the exception). But man, it leaves you thinking that maybe there is a master plan for these people that we are just not privy to.

Watch it and let me know your thoughts. Don't miss the last five minutes... that one moment still has me thinking.

2 comments:

Laura and the family said...

I sure will have to watch this movie. There are many more movies I need to watch, too.

I know I also need to read a book called, "The Four Agreements." In case you have not read this.. it is based about four positive principles that apply in everyone's life. This also gives broaden thoughts.

J Fife said...

Ooohh...I will definitely add this to Netflix.

Also, I love the way you think - one of the many reasons that I like you so much.