Saturday, March 6, 2010

Give a Day, Get a Day

I have seen these ads on TV for a while now. The whole “Give a Day, Get a Day” for Disneyland.

Well, a friend of mine here in Bend did just that with her husband. They spent a day fixing bikes for a local non-profit and are now getting their tickets for Disneyland.

I just didn’t think that there would be anything in Bend that would qualify for that program, so I never checked it out. When I did, I found all kinds of stuff! So, on March 13th Katya and I will be volunteering at a fun run supporting the local “Healthy Beginnings” child program.

Evidently we will be doing something like directing walkers and runners along the path and helping pick up trash from about 8:30am to 2pm. What an awesome trade!!

Everyone ages 6 and older can volunteer and earn their free ticket. What a sweet deal! Volunteerism is also an important thing for our community. This is just a way cool way to encourage it and be richly rewarded!

So, we are all scheduled for our volunteer day and at some point we will be getting our free tickets to Disneyland.

After that it will just be getting ourselves down South to go. Maybe we could meet up with some family while we are there!

Anyone care to join us?

2 comments:

Laura and the family said...

We have the same thing in California. I will find out where I can volunteer in South California-hoping it s somewhere in San Diego before going to Disneyland.

I've been thinking about taking our boys to Downtown Disney on one weekend during our Spring break.

Heather said...

We are volunteering on Friday (the kids don't have school that day) at a Railroad Museum just down the street from Dru's school.

If you haven't already arranged your service project, you need to do it ASAP!! Disny is only giving out 1 million tickets, and I was informed that they are approaching that mark already. (And it's only March!)


We should plan our day together....I'm thinking about saving our tickets for the fall when the crowds die down a little.