Monday, March 1, 2010

Best of Intentions

When I get in a hurry, I mess things up.

I am sure that it happens to other people, but it really seems to ring true for me. Maybe that is why I tend to be so methodical about some projects, I know I will mess it up otherwise.

Case in point, I wanted to do something nice for my family and have warm muffins waiting for them when they got up Monday morning. I set out the muffin mix, muffin pan, bowl… everything I would need. It is a box mix, how could I screw it up?

I can.

Evidently this little box mix had an “apple packet” that you were suppose to put in after the eggs, oil and water. Totally didn’t connect with that until I had put all the mix in the muffin pan and was getting ready to put them in the oven. I was going to be late as it was making the muffins, so I didn’t the time to scoop out all the batter from the muffin pan, mix in the packet and then re-ladle the muffin pan again. So, being totally wasteful, I dumped it all down the drain and left.

How frustrating!!!

So, I was late to work for nothing.

Tonight I will make muffins – for tomorrow! They won’t be warm and fresh, but they will exist. Which is more than the ones from this morning ever got to be.

3 comments:

Laura and the family said...

Ya, I hear you! I remember not making the pancakes right while I had so many interruptions during my cooking.

Unknown said...

That's why we stick with Cocoa Puffs!

J Fife said...

I didn't put enough flour in a batch of cookies this week. Got distracted and just lost track of how much I'd added. They were edible but very thin and crispy. Sigh...