Sunday, April 5, 2009

Spring Is In The Air


Ah... Spring.

It is here! The days are slowly warming up, the bizarre sudden snow is more of a novelty, my tulips are popping up (although the deer already munched the ones along the sidewalk to nubs), and there is new growth on all the trees.

It also means that my little ones can FINALLY go to the park!! They are energetic little things that need their space and their ability to climb on things without hearing "no". So, when the afternoons are at least in the high 50's, we're heading to the park.

During the summer, we were making it a daily occurance and a little ritual with Bob. He would come home (the sun sets very late in the day here in the summer), put the kids in the trailer, hop on his bike and take them to the park for 45 minutes of fun before bath and bed. It was nice and I look forward to getting back into that routine.

A week or so ago we grabbed the kids on a Friday evening and headed to the park. I took the camera since it was the first real park play since November. I got some good ones that show their changing personalities.

Alexis is my outside girl. She doesn't care about the temperature... she just wants to be OUTSIDE. She has no fear, she pushes boundaries, if she falls she gets right back up and tries again (that whole tenatious spirit of hers), she loves the rush of zooming down the big kid slide or getting pushed really high on the swing - she is like a mini-Bob in this way with his love of adrenaline. I need to keep my medical insurance current on this one.

Logan is enjoying being outside more and more. But he is WAY more reserved and serious than Alexis. He will try and keep up with her, but you can see the reservation in his face. His favorite thing right now is going up and down steps. He will probably enjoy the rock wall before the next winter hits. He is a climber.

Bob is enjoying playing with his little ones. He waited a long time for them and he likes to get to play with them as much as he can. He is a good daddy.

2 comments:

Laura and the family said...

I am so glad they are able to go outside and have fun with their dad.

I know how does Bob feels for waiting for the kids to grow up and have fun together. I felt the same. The next thing is to having them putting their seat belts on their own. Ryan finally puts it on his own four months ago!

I am also glad Spring is HERE! Yeah, I plan on planting the seeds with the boys this week.

J Fife said...

What a good dad! And cute kids.