Friday, November 7, 2008

Powder Puff Football

Thursday night was Katya's first big Powder Puff Football game.

For two weeks the freshman girls had gotten together and had some impromptu flag football education and practice.

Bob came home early so that I could bundle up and go out with Terren to cheer my little darlin' green monster on. It was freakin' cold and although I was bundled up in my warm boots, warm jacket, gloves, hat and thermal shirt - my bum was freezing from sitting on those aluminum bleachers. I'm buying myself a bleacher chair.

Anyway, the Senior vs Sophmore game was first. It was a good game, but the sophmores beat the Seniors. Ouch.

Next up was Katya's game. She is a tiger out there! She got tackled a couple of times when she dove for that football and she had no problem chasing girls down to rip off their flag belt. She had teachers commenting on how agressive she was all day. She is such a good athlete. She gives every game her all.

Unfortunately, the Juniors were a tough team to beat and they triumphed in the end. But it was a great game and everyone had a good time. I even got to meet Katya's hunky new boyfriend, Luke.

3 comments:

Laura and the family said...

Too bad, I was not there to chase Katya! It would be a terrific game. Still, I am extremely proud of her getting involved in sports.

Where is a picture of her beau, Luke?

Little Things said...

Oh heck, Deby! I wish I'd known you were going! Burger played too (on the sophmore team). I wussed out and stayed home.

Deby said...

Well, Katya is going for basketball right now. Is Burger?