Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween

I was so not feeling the "mood" this Halloween. Not sure what my funk was, but I was not motivated to do much of anything Halloweeny. Katya was going to a football game and then movie night with some girlfriends, so she was MIA.

Lucky for me, my husband is a social butterfly and he had accepted an inviation to a family Halloween party with some friends of his. I actually had to don a witch hat and cape that I had stashed away so I could at least say I was dressed up. Bob put on a mullet wig and looked pretty funny.

Alexis was dressed up as a flower and she didn't want to take her costume off for anything. Logan was a dragon. He couldn't have cared less that he was dressed up. But he looked cute.

When we went with the whole crew trick or treating I wasn't sure how the kids would do. Alexis worked the "Trick or Treat" and often scored herself an extra candy. Which she promptly put into her mouth paper and all if she got impatient.

Logan refused to say "Trick or Treat" and instead resorted to the cute parade wave that he has going. Being a forceful guy, he would just reach in and grab no less than three pieces of candy a handful. That is skill.

Afterwards we went back to their house and noshed on BBQ meatballs and pumpkin cheesecake until bedtime. It was fun and hopefully next year I will be feeling more festive.

2 comments:

J Fife said...

Bob in a mullet is priceless.

I wasn't feeling Halloween this year either. I just wanted to curl up on my couch and sleep.

Laura and the family said...

Cute! Glad to see Bob rooting his Halloween spirit for kids' sake.

Frankly, I had a bad stomach upset on Halloween night. I held myself tightly for an hour with the kids ( need an exercise anyway) Also, I wished my kids let me help them creating their Halloween costume- all they wanted plain and simple one. Sigh!