Friday, June 13, 2008

School's Out for Summer!

School's out for summer....school's out for ever.... (that song is now playing in my head)

Well, yesterday was the last official day of school here in Bend. Kids are everywhere! On Wednesday the school day was devoted to celebrating the graduating 8th graders. They had a brunch provided for them in the morning where they got their yearbooks a day early so they could start signing them, then they went to class for an hour or two where they watched a movie, then they went to the Athletic Club of Bend and had a BBQ and pool party. Rough life. Then later that night was a parent's reception and a dance. Katya didn't even get home until 10pm.

Then yesterday, Katya had some friends over after school to watch movies and hang around, one stayed the night, this morning there was much dancing and mayhem, now she is at the movies and at 3pm she goes to her first Summer Hoops basketball tournament. Man... life is good.

I've been getting her clothes washed and snacks ready for her to start packing for her big East Coast trip. She leaves Portland on Tuesday/Wednesday at 12:30am. Her dad is actually driving all the way up here to take her to the plane just so they can visit. I think that is pretty cool.

The weather has been just beautiful! I think that Winter is finally behind us because we are having our second consecutive day of temps in the 80's. So nice. I can't wait to actually have my bike in working order so I can ride it. I took off today with the kids in the Chariot bike trailer attached to my bike and I made it to the bottom of my street before the gear box fell off the frame. Fun.

This morning, before the bike incident, I grabbed a couple of pictures of the kids because they were all together at the same time and they all looked cute. I hope that all you guys are having a great summer day!! Even in Utah where they have been having an extended Winter like us.

I just think he looks just like a cool "dude" in this outfit. What a cute little boy!

Aren't These Kids Cute??

Logan is getting to be a little ham with the camera

1 comment:

Laura and the family said...

I wanted to be the first person saying, "OHHHH these kids are darling!" I loved the way Logan looked at the camera beautifully.