Thursday, June 19, 2008

Flatbread

For those of you Bend-ites, Bend-ians, Bend folks...

I tried that new Flatbread restaurant on Tuesday that is in the Old Mill. It is located behind Allisan's Kitchen (I'm sure I butchered the spelling, sorry) by Cafe Yummi.

Excellent! I went in for a very late lunch and had the small pizza and Caesar salad lunch. It was $9, but was more food than I could eat. The pizza is a brick oven style that was excellent. I did have to have myself a scoop of their gellato before I left and it was delicious! Not as dense as others I have had, but still well worth it! I had the coffee break. So good.

If you have kids, they offer a cool thing for them. They can order a personal pizza with the toppings that they wish. They bring them a piece of raw dough all flat and the sauce, cheese and requested toppings on the side so the kids can build it themselves! Granted, mine are much too young for that - but it is something they will enjoy later!

If you happen to have Fido with you, they offer a nice outdoor dining area that allows dogs.

Well worth your time. If you try it out, let me know what you got and what you think. Their menu looked pretty good. Homemade mac and cheese and a bunch of pastas.

1 comment:

J Fife said...

Thanks for the tip! Sarah would love the pizza building.