Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Vision Board

My vision board is in serious need of some vision.

Katya, Bob and I have all watched “The Secret” and at one point last year we all had vision boards with where we wanted to be in life, what we wanted, where we wanted to go…etc. Bob has one at work with business related goals and Katya has one in her room with her life goals. Mine was always kinda small. I only managed to have a list of books to read and a smiley face.

Pretty pathetic.

So, here I am trying to get my personal house in order. I’ve gone to the doctor, I’ve gotten new glasses, I’ve started working out again, I’m cutting down on sugar and eating more fruits and veggies. Now I am working on my vision board and I am finding it hard to put anything up on it. I’ve always struggled with the 5 year plan at work. You know, the “where do you want to be in 5 years” thing.

I have a home, I own a nice car, I have three beautiful children, I’m in a loving marriage to a great guy, I have two dogs and two cats, I have all the “stuff” I think I could ever want. I can’t even think of a car that I would want to replace my Durango with.

When push comes to shove, I do want a finished master bathroom and fireplace. There are other things I suppose I want for the house like a big deck and upgraded kitchen, but those are “nice to haves”.

After watching the Olympics I did realize that I really, really, really want to go to the Olympics and watch an opening or closing ceremony. It wouldn’t even matter what events I watched, I love them all. I’m strange that way. No sports all year and then the Olympics have my full attention.

So, I am sitting here thinking of things to vision about. Being debt free … taking Katya to London … going to Costa Rica with Bob … reading everything on the BBC 100 list (this was Julianne’s idea and I like it) … live more simply and travel more. I guess this is a pretty good start, but I've still gotta work on it.

2 comments:

Mandee said...

I love this idea. And I've noticed that for Aaron and I, this kind of thing works when we discuss something heavily. Trips we want to take, things we want to do with the kids, updates to the house. I think I want to do one of these as a family- thanks for our next family night idea!

Great goals by the way! Good luck!

J Fife said...

You're so inspiring. I need a vision.