Monday, February 22, 2010

Home Gym - Here I Come (Again)

It has been a while since I have taken working out at home as seriously as I did before I moved. Not sure what the deal was. Maybe not having a set schedule for a few years just totally did me in.

It made me complacient.

Throw in a couple of pregnancies, a little boy that just does not like to sleep through the night regularly and you get a bit chubby too.

Soooooooooooooo, I am going back to my old habits. My treadmill was serviced today and it seems to be running awesome. For my belated birthday gift, Bob had gotten me a little tv to post over it because it is so deathly boring walking facing a wall. I had a little tv in my garage in Poway, but it is too fat for the space I've got now. This fancy new little flat screen will be totally cool. AND it has a DVD player in it. I will be doing a LOT of Netflixing of tv shows. It should be the right amount of time to be on the treadmill every morning.

Until my tv eventually gets mounted, I will just be content listening to my IPod for the next few weeks. Katya has really loaded a bunch of new music on our shared ITunes library. It will be quite the adventure to find out what I will be listening to.


But I am not going to lie, this is going to be painful. As in seriously painful. I know I can do it, after all I woke up at 4:30 every morning for almost a year to drive across town to hit the gym and I paid $40 a month. This way, I don't have to drive so dang much, I save some cash and I don't have to haul that gym bag around every day. Let's not even get into the whole changing clothes in front of other people when you are self conscious to begin with.

So, wish me luck. I will be needing it until it becomes habit.

2 comments:

Mandee said...

I am sooooo glad you are back to blogging! I always read, I am just a lazy commenter. I will do better!

We just bought a treadmill last week. And I LOVE it! Although I didn't feel a lot of love for the 1/2 mile I ran today- it about killed me. My brother is trying to get me to run a half marathon with him in September ... I'm going to try!

Good luck- enjoy that flat screen! And the workout!

Laura and the family said...

I've encouraged David to get us treadmill instead of stand still bicycle. I hope he gets something seriously ")