Monday, December 1, 2008

Where is the Snow?

Where is the snow? It was, like, 60 degrees today!

I was wrapping lights on my tree today in short sleeves and with the doors open. What the heck?

Christmas is supposed to be cold. We are supposed to have snow covering the ground. People are supposed to be grumbling about having to shovel snow off of their driveways. Winter boots and jackets should be worn by all. Fires in fireplaces should be commonplace. Hot chocolate and tea should be a desired drink in the afternoon. Not iced tea because we're hot.

Mt. Bachelor doesn't have any snow to ski on.

What is going on!! My nephews are coming up here for a white Christmas, playing in the snow, tubing... I've got nothing to offer them! They will be so disappointed.

If you know of a good snow dance, please let me know, I'm up for trying anything at this point.

3 comments:

Mandee said...

Amen. I'm not a big fan of snow, but at Christmas time, it's a requirement. I'll be praying to the snow Gods to bless us all with some beautiful powder!

Laura and the family said...

Maybe we can do the Indian dances the day we arrive and say out loud, "Snow, Snow, Snow!"Then, it would make a White Christmas

Heather said...

I know I won't be having snow....but at least I would like my kids to start wearing pants to school! They are still wearing their summer clothes!