Friday, December 19, 2008

Shoveling Snow

The snow had been piling up and I really needed to attempt to get our walkway and driveway clear of snow before the next dump tomorrow. Bob is out of town, so this job falls to me.

I figured that this would be a fun way for the kids to play outside and me to get some snow shoveling done.

Logan wanted nothing to do with it. He still doesn't like the snow very much. I hope that I can get him to warm up to it as winter progresses. He eventually just went down for a nap so Alexis and I stayed outside.

Alexis LOVES the snow. I had bought her a red plastic shovel and she was hard at work shoveling snow for me. She was flinging it everywhere.

Then she told me that she wanted to make a snowman. I have to admit, being from San Diego has it's disadvantages sometimes. I've never made a snowman. I just started dumping snow from the driveway into a huge pile and Alexis would pat it down. I was attempting to make the bottom ball, but it looks more like a snow blob than anything else. Maybe a snow butte.

Eventually Alexis got cold so we went inside and she is now cuddled up under a blanket watching "Tinkerbell" for the umpteenth time while her boots dry in front of the fireplace.

What an excellent way to spend the day.

2 comments:

Mandee said...

Just wait until Logan is 6- he will be the best shoveler ever, and will WANT to do it!

Unknown said...

She is sooo adorable!
Your first time making a snowman? Wow!