Friday, December 5, 2008

Decorating The Tree

Tonight I decided that I was tired of looking at our poor ornament-free Christmas tree. I had a rough day trying to juggle the kids and a whole lot of pressure to get stuff done at work. I am mentally tired and since it is "kid time" again, I figured I'd do something they would like.

I had already put on the lights (Katya revolted this year) and I figured that I would just put some of the big bulbs on it, wrap the tree skirt and put some of the wrapped gifts under it to make it a bit more festive.

Katya is in Aloha tonight for a basketball tournament (yes, Aloha, OR) so I can't put all the personal ornaments on it, just the base coat.

Well, I turned on the Christmas music to get in the mood and immediately I heard "No singing, Mommy!". I wanted to sing along to my favorite songs and instead of Alexis trying to join along, she just didn't want me singing at all. I sang louder and she yelled louder. What a puke. She was putting a wet blanket on my festive mood.

I ignored her and still sang (although quieter) while I decorated the tree. Then I figured that I would put the angel on the tree.

NO WAY

It made Alexis burst into tears to see the angel sitting on top of the tree. She even went so far as to cover her eyes because she couldn't bear to see her up there. ???? What was all that about?

I guess I get to go buy a star.

I have never had so much backseat commentary when decorating the tree before. Sheesh

When she is old enough, she is doing it all by herself. Lights and all.

2 comments:

Mandee said...

You are soooooooo in for it. I love it!

Laura and the family said...

Alexis reminds me that both of my boys hate when I sing a song. They tell me I sing lousy-- don't blame them either.

Maybe she will be in a better mood when she is not cranky. Try again and see how she reacts.

Sounds like she sees so many "stars" on the topping at the mall????