Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Teenager Update

I have again been lax in the posting of pictures of my three darlin's. Let's start with the oldest.

Cute, sophisticated, can belch like a construction worker, athlete extraordinare, star student, funny, sarcastic (like her g-ma), gorgeous, has a strong sense of personal style and currently her room has not one open space on the floor. I throw things in from the door because I don't want to break another toe.

First day of school. We traditionally go out for breakfast on the first day of every new school year. We hit a local favorite bakery called Nancy P's. D-Lish!!


This years school picture. Isn't is good? I look at this a lot because I don't actually see too much of her in person. Between volleyball, friends, homework, football games...etc she is a blur. I love Sundays because she hangs with me all day at home in her jammies.

This is what Katya spends 5 to 6 days a week focusing on - volleyball. And being in tiny little Bend, we must do a lot of travelling to go and play with other teams. So far this school year Katya has been to Salem, Madras, La Pine and tomorrow they take off for The Dalles (a 3 hour bus ride each way). And by the end of October she will play at Hermiston and Pendleton. I need to get my map out to see just where these places are. And of course, she is already planning on doing club volleyball in January. Busy, busy, busy. In fact, too busy to get into trouble. :)

3 comments:

Cathy/Grandma/Mom said...

I am so proud that she can belch on command.
I guess the other stuff is nice too, like academics, blah, blah...

Laura and the family said...

That's what happen when you get a growing up like a weed teenager daughter-- and getting her into busy schedules. We are extremely proud that she is achieving so much than we had anticipated (actually, I knew it anyway.)

Mandee said...

She is amazing! Congrats on the belching!