Friday, February 15, 2008

Seattle

While Katya was at her conference, I was hanging with Michelle in Seattle. Let me just say that I loved every minute of it!

Highlights:

- Went to Pike's Market two times!!

- Loaded up on pastries from the French bakery, lots and lots of cheese from Beecher's (YUM), and some of the best pears I've had in a long time.

- Went to Whidbey Island and ate some Loganberry pie - yum

- Rode the ferry to and from Whidbey Island. Way cool.

- Did two seven mile walks (since Michelle talked me into the 3 Day walk to begin with)

- Had some wonderful chowder two times and I'm not even a seafood lover

- Had dinner with Michelle's Aunt Barbara and Uncle John who made dinner for us. They are awesome people and we had stayed with them once a few years ago when we (Katya, Michelle, Rese and I) went up to Seattle on vacation. They live in the most beautiful old Victorian by Lake Washington.

- Did a little shopping at the Alderwood mall

It was a much needed break and by the time Sunday came, I was missing my family. Although, I must admit I am feeling much better now than I was before I left. I needed some time with my best friend and I needed some time to myself. Sometimes you need to recharge your personal batteries before you have the energy needed to give to those around you.

2 comments:

Laura and the family said...

I envy you for going to Washington State. I love that state very much ever since I first visited there: age 11 especially around Lake Washington.

Glad to hear that you had a break for yourself without kids. You deserved it!

Cathy/Grandma/Mom said...

There ain't nothing in the world like a girlfriend!!!!